Thursday, November 5, 2009

Posting as an excuse to be creative... or BRAINS!

In honor of my brain-dead state today (just shot a spec commercial for doritos, where I spent 16 hours wrestling an invisible man for coveted corn chips, my body is still killing me two days later) I am posting photos from an old play from the early aughts or maybe even late 1999, (can't remember and don't care)(editors note: it was actually 1999, dummy!). This play I speak of was called Brains!, directed by fellow Skidmore College alum Yehuda Duenyas, and co-created and starring yours truly and actors extraordinaire James Stanley and Jessie Hawley (the latter also from Skidmore). These three performers are the core of the National Theater of the United States of America, an NYC based company who create epic original absurdities for the stage.

Hoody (Yehuda) describes this show on his website as, "
a particle physics zombie show that premiered at Walker Space in 1999." This is pretty much true -- it was a movement intensive show, discussing particle physics, out of body experiences and framed in the scenario of three people trapped in a house with the imminent threat of a horde of zombies. Good, clean fun.

Consequently, if you go to Hoody's website, you can see these images as a slide show, y'know, just fer shits and giggles. Or you can look below (click on images to enlarge):

Me, Jessie, James, Hoody

2 comments:

troy said...

My first NTUSA show; I enjoyed it immensely. This isn't the one where I saw your doink, is it?

thesearedreams@gmail.com said...

No, that was something else entirely. And this was a show pre-ntusa. if you follow the link in this post to Hoody's site, and go to images, you may find some photos of TWE performing during Garvey and Superpants 1 and 2.