Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Master and Margarita Radio Play






One of the first things I did when I moved to NYC around 1998 was weasel my way into a live performance of an adaptation of the famous Russian novel "The Master and Margarita." I was living in the spare room of old friend actor Mike McCartney (another Skidmorian) and answered a phone call for him about an audition for this show, and I turned it into an audition for me. Its not something I'd normally do, but something about this was more or less fated, as I made some great friendships from participating in this show, so I just chalk it up as being meant to be. Mike got the part anyway. So I became a pivotal part of the show, acting as the sound foley, the announcer, and several comedic characters.


The show was first shown as a live theatrical show, then graduated into a live radio broadcast. This is a recording of that 2nd show. Hope you dig it. Special thanks to Megan Ryan, who directed, Cami Delavigne, who wrote the adaptation, Sharon Unterman, the Margarita, Steve Strauss, who drew the postcard, and of course, the mythical sergeant of love, Mike McCartney.

No comments: