Sunday, October 26, 2008

NYC murals part 1 -- Spiegelworld

click images to enlarge

I've decided it was time to post a series of murals I completed in NYC over the past 5 years.

I'm going to start with the images that are currently on my hard drive, specifically with a huge mural I did for Spiegelworld, which is a performance company that creates a summer long series of acrobatics/burlesque performance, live music, and djs who spin for their outdoor restaurant. The whole thing is based around a few hundred year old round performance tents that continuously tour the world as a living slice of history.

In the summer of 2007 the Spiegelworlders hired me to paint a giant mural on the roof of a storage trailer (probably around 40-50 feet long), which sits right next to their tents and can be seen from above as you stroll the walkways of the mall next door outside of pier 17 downtown below the Brooklyn bridge near Wall street in NYC.

Enjoy:



































































No comments: