Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NYC Murals part 4 -- Anita's house 2

please click on images to enlarge

The second mural I painted for Anita was downstairs in her living room. The child was now born, a little boy, and she wanted more animals, this time in some kind of ice kingdom. The interesting thing related to this particular mural goes something like this:

In the midst of creating this particular mural, I was involved with an earthshift. A what? Lemme back up.
Since around 2000, I had been studying meditation and energetic healing with the Merlins of Vortex Healing, a divine spiritual lineage re-discovered by Ric Weinman in 1994. Over the years since 2000 I had experienced some profound energies through Vortex, but perhaps the most overwhelming experience occurred in early 2005 in NYC during this earthshift. An earthshift is a healing done on a global scale by a group of wizards who have been studying Vortex Healing, facilitated by the teacher, who happens to be a Merlin. This specific earthshift was about releasing a lot of the war or violence karma in the Middle East. I won't go into the all the details of the shift, but suffice it to say that it was a very powerful energetic experience, and at the height of it, I felt a giant snakelike surge of energy rise up my spine, force my head back, and push its way out of my mouth, as if I had vomited up a giant, invisible boa constrictor.

This is me being literal, this actually happened.

Probably a day or two later (really not sure) I was painting this mural in Anita's house and listening to the Shins second album, Shutes Too Narrow, when this feeling started coming over me. I began to see the profound beauty in the music, in the painting, in my surroundings, like this all pervasive feeling that God was in the room with me and everything had this beautiful grace about it. It was quite moving.

I'm not sure if it was that night or the next morning when I realized I was sick as a dog. Sweating, aching, nose running, completely-dilapidated-type-flu-sick. I think I remained sick for about five days, pretty much staying in bed, totally laid out and wasted. It was brutal.

But perhaps on the sixth or seventh day (again, I'm really unclear on time around this event), I woke up feeling completely amazing. Something had shifted in my consciousness, and, simply put, I knew that I was God. Not that I was a part of God, or that God had come into my life, but that I was, in fact, God itself. It was a truly incredible feeling. There was so much happiness surrounding it, so much peace, so much energy and excitement. Everything looked amazing, everyone looked amazing. It was like I was in love with everything I saw. I think this sensation lasted for less than an hour. I don't remember what happened for the rest of that day, but that brief experience was rather priceless, sort of one of those unbearable lightnesses of being that mystics, holy rollers, and rock stars strive for.

Fascinating what can happen to you around painting a mural....

No comments: